Happy Spoon likes to make Chorizo and Egg Veggie Burritos.*
Recipe (makes two burritos):
- 1 tube soyrizo
- 3 green onions, diced
- about 1-2 cups frozen cut spinach
- 4 eggs
- 2 large tortillas (I use whole wheat)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, and add the green onions. Sautee for ~3 min.
- Add the frozen spinach, and allow it to thaw, breaking it apart.
- Add the soyrizo, and fry everything together until hot and the chorizo starts to look tasty and sizzle and whatnot.
- Add the eggs into the skillet, and mush around until they are cooked and everything is all mixed up.
- Warm the tortillas by microwaving them for 10 s or heating briefly on a large dry skillet; set aside.
- Scoop the chorizo mixture onto the tortillas and wrap them up like a burrito! Add hot sauce or cheese to your liking.
Fun Fact: A great way to make a tasty chorizo and egg breakfast burrito, but much healthier than normal (soyrizo tastes the same as chorizo but without the fat, and spinach makes it healthy…right?).
*Happy Spoons original recipe!