Creepster Spoon likes Mexican-Style Loaded Baked Potatoes…a little too much.*
Recipe (adjust amounts to personal taste and number of potato-eaters):
- russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- olive oil to coat the potatoes
- salt, to taste
- soyrizo (or chorizo, your call)
- avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- roma tomato, cubed
- green onions, sliced into little bits
- sour cream
- cheese shreds (I use cheddar rice cheese or cotija cheese)
- hot sauce (Tapatio is my hot sauce of choice, ole!)
- Scrub the potatoes under running water so they are nice and clean!
- Fork those taters! (poke holes in them with a fork)
- Coat the potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour, placing directly on the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Cut open your potato, and add all of the toppings at will. Don’t be shy! Eat it; it’s so delicious!
Fun Fact: The more toppings you pile onto your potato, the more delicious it will become. The more the merrier!
*Happy Spoons original recipe!