Happy Spoon likes to make Moroccan Baked Salmon.
Recipe (adapted from Zov: Recipes and Memories from the Heart):
- 2 salmon fillets (size as pictured)
- Moroccan spice (can be purchased, but I made my own by mixing the spices below and keeping the extra stored in a spice jar)
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I use olive oil mayo)
Moroccan Spice (recipe featured on Food.com)
- 5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 tsp ground cumin
- 5 tsp ground coriander
- 2.5 tsp allspice
- 2.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1.25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.25 tsp ground cinnamon
- Turn the broiler onto high
- Take the salmon fillets and rub the Moroccan spice into the exposed surfaces to coat entirely. Let sit for 30 min.
- Meanwhile, mix the onion and mayo in a small bowl; set aside.
- Place the fillets on a foil-covered baking sheet, skin side down
- Broil the salmon for 5-6 min, then remove. Scoop the mayo/onion mixture into a thick layer on top of each salmon fillet.
- Return to the broiler for 2 min more.
- Remove from the broiler, and serve hot!
Fun Facts: Salmon goes great as an entree to follow up an appetizer of tasty Crab Cakes. Also, mayo/onion sauce might sound gross, but it’s actually delicious!